PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Youtube Viewer Count

jamesdelfresco
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Is it possible to turn of the viewer count on youtube. I have seen some videos not have a counter but I cant seem to find a setting to disable it.

podcastcoach
07-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Go into the video manager (they keep moving how to get into this), and then go into the advanced settings. In the bottom right hand corner there is a check box for "Make video statistics on the watch page publicly visible." Uncheck that and you should be good to go.

Is it possible to turn of the viewer count on youtube. I have seen some videos not have a counter but I cant seem to find a setting to disable it.

Podnutter
07-08-2014, 01:22 PM
I have been searching and cant find it. Would someone mind posting a screenshot for me?

sunkast
07-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Go into the video manager (they keep moving how to get into this), and then go into the advanced settings. In the bottom right hand corner there is a check box for "Make video statistics on the watch page publicly visible." Uncheck that and you should be good to go.

This doesn't actually remove the view count from a video. I've been unchecking this option on specific videos and it always still shows how many times a video has been viewed.

PaulSaunders
07-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Looked into this also. I dont think you can turn it off. The only way it turns off is if the video was a hangout on air.