PDA

View Full Version : Emergency cell phone chargers?

sunkast
07-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I've been looking a lot more into emergency equipment to keep on hand for when the power goes out. It seems to happen here every time there's a storm. Normally it's just out for a minute or two, but I worry about it going out for a prolonged period of time. And if that were to ever happen, I know I'll probably be relying desperately on my phone for entertainment and what not. But this could become a real issue if the power doesn't come back on before my phone needs to recharge.

So what sort of gadgets are out there would be good for charging not only my phone, but a household full of phones in the chance that there is a prolonged power outage?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a weather radio?

andrewzarian
07-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I have also been looking into this. I would obviously suggest a battery Charger. The most I have seen is 20,000 mAh. I found the Anker Astro Pro2 20000mAh 4-Port Aluminum Portable External Battery Charger (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NGLTZQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005NGLTZQ&linkCode=as2&tag=thgufrquponet-20)