PDA

View Full Version : Official Moto 360 Demo at Google I/O

MovieBuff
06-27-2014, 07:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFi-QpuZfXs

Dan Ortego
06-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Once again I feel like Dino from the Flintstones (Oops, some of you may have no idea what that means). Anyway, here I thought my cell phone made my wristwatch obsolete as I haven't worn the darn thing' in nearly 15-years. Now, the new style cell phone has become the old style wristwatch. Isn't the cycle of life truly amazing!

MovieBuff
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Once again I feel like Dino from the Flintstones (Oops, some of you may have no idea what that means). Anyway, here I thought my cell phone made my wristwatch obsolete as I haven't worn the darn thing' in nearly 15-years. Now, the new style cell phone has become the old style wristwatch. Isn't the cycle of life truly amazing!

You are no Dino good sir. The cycle of life is interesting. Finally, a Dick Tracy phone.

MovieBuff
06-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Battery
You won't find charging contacts or a micro USB port on the Moto 360 because this Google watch has a "secret" charging method. It's the device's "secret sauce," teased Motorola earlier this year.
Sure enough, the company recently confirmed that its smartwatch charges wirelessly via magnetic induction.

Release Date
Moto 360 is scheduled to be the third Android Wear watch in the US this summer, trailing behind the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live that are up for pre-orders.
Its global plans are even more of a mystery. Motorola has promised to launch the Moto 360 outside of its home territory, saying that it's a global company. But it hasn't said much more than that.
The worldwide launch details could be revealed at Google's first post-Google IO press event, and we're likely to hear new details about the device's battery life and price then too.

Moto 360 price
Motorola has inadvertently clued us on the Moto 360 price through the official rules of a contest this week, suggesting that its "average retail value" is $249 (about £148, AU$270).
That's far cheaper than the previously leak that pegged the smartwatch's cost at a steeper $341 (about £203, AU$367), an estimate based on conversions from this report.
For comparison, the LG G Watch is going on sale for $229 (about £135, AU$244), the same price as the Pebble Steel. Samsung's Gear Live is even cheaper at $199 (about £117, AU$213).
Price isn't so far-fetched, though the Moto 360 doesn't need to price match. Its wireless charging, circular screen and sapphire glass could easily fetch a premium.
Even if the Moto 360 does cost more than a smartphone on-contract, early adopters are likely to pay for the convenience of offloading notifications from the phone to their wrist.
Every time we dig our phone out of our pockets or rush to our device charging in another room and see a friends' SMS that just says something irrelevant "Cool" or "K," our love of technology dies a little inside.
Android Wear promises to do much more than yet, but solving that one pet peeve with easy-to-dismiss notifications on the wrist could make the sleek-looking Moto 360 the must-have wearable of 2014.

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/portable-devices/moto-360-release-date-news-and-features-1244426/1#articleContent

MovieBuff
07-26-2014, 10:49 AM
The Moto 360 needs to be paired to a phone?

15 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNEgDGvFr4