PDA

View Full Version : The Matt and Steve Show looking for feedback

themattandsteveshow
05-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, I posted here a while ago. Not sure how many of you listened to my podcast The Matt and Steve Show, but we have gotten 100x better than we used to be. If you guys could check out episode 9 of my show it's on iTunes and themattandsteveshow.libsyn.com We're a variety show in podcast form. Would love to hear some feedback.

mcphillips
05-20-2014, 03:10 PM
You asked, so here we go. I just listened to the first four minutes of the latest podcast, and I have yet to hear your content. Most of the "subscribe now" and "like us on iTunes" talk should be at the end. Get into the meat of your podcast very quickly or you will lose new listeners.

Are you holding the mic in your hand? There is a lot of mic handling noise. There is also a lot of mic popping. Back up from the mic a little and/or get a pop filter or windscreen. What mic are you using?

themattandsteveshow
05-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah I've been trying to fix that mic problem for a while. We hold the mics in our hands and we use shure pg48 also thanks for the advice on the plugs thing

Podnutter
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Yea you guys need to cut back on the promotion stuff. Its overwhelming to be honest. All I have heard is follow us, add us subscribe to us. As a first time listener I lost interest immediately. Its almost like you guys are stalling for some reason.

themattandsteveshow
05-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Listening back on it now I definitely agree. Only reason why I do it is cause a lot of other shows have a long drawn out promotion thing in the beginning of their shows. But yeah it will be taken out of next weeks show. Did you get a chance to listen to the content?

QuestionNet
05-21-2014, 10:51 AM
I can't find you guys on iTunes, got a link?
Great show, have really improved in from the first episode to the newest one (episode 9)

themattandsteveshow
05-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Thank you for that! And I'm not entirely sure how to link a show on iTunes I always just say to do a quick search for The Matt and Steve Show. It usually comes up not sure why it's not.

Donovan
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM
I can't find you guys on iTunes, got a link?
Great show, have really improved in from the first episode to the newest one (episode 9)

Is this it? https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-matt-and-steve-show/id847080925?mt=2

themattandsteveshow
05-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Yep that's it.

Podcast Bob
05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Agree with all the comments. You have to 'give' something before asking people to 'buy into' you. You hadn't demonstrated anything of value to me in the first few minutes of listening so why would I? I suggest you leave it until half way into the show. Re the mic noise there's no excuse for not using a mic stand or a bit of Gaffa tape and a stick. If you want to be taken seriously get rid of the annoying technical noises and concentrate on making content of value.

Dan Ortego
05-31-2014, 12:22 PM
Congrats on starting-up and good luck with your future shows. Once the microphone issues are resolved I'm sure it will sound a lot better. Since content choice is so subjective I'll reserve my thoughts on that one. Still, the number of your followers will let you know if adjustments are needed.