PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Setup Seminar

BradShoemaker
05-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Indy Pop Con (http://indypopcon.com/) is happening at the end of May and I've been asked to speak about setting up a podcast. They have another speaker who basically took what I was going to cover...the why, the how, content, producing, etc. That being said, they asked me to change my topic to cover more of the technical aspects of it.

I have been working on the speech, but I would love to include some real world examples. I would love to compile a working list of equipment/diagrams of real world podcasts. From the basics to the high end. I would love to compile them, post them to the IAIB and send people there to get a better idea.

If you are interested, send me an equipment list and a drawn up diagram. I will take it into Illustrator and make them professional looking.

I don't want to bore them with a 100% technical discussion, so I definitely want to send them somewhere where they can get more advice after the 45 minute talk and 15 minute question/answer is over.

Also, if you have any thoughts as to things I MUST cover, tell me your thoughts.

I figure some of the musts are Ground Loop Issues and Mix/Minus.

andrewzarian
05-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Brad thats so awesome. I will try to get something for you. when are you speaking?

BradShoemaker
05-16-2014, 07:50 AM
It is Saturday, May 31. It is either 3:00pm or 6:00pm. I'm still getting details worked out.

mcphillips
05-16-2014, 07:53 AM
I figure some of the musts are Ground Loop Issues and Mix/Minus.
Good luck with that.

andrewzarian
05-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Good luck with that.

When people hear Mix Minus they go into denial mode... lol