PDA

View Full Version : Need technical help

HDizzle
04-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Hey there folks. I'm H Dizzle former host of the Men's View which was a #13 podcast from 2006-2009 which i abruptly stopped doing due to personal reasons. I'm now back with a new concept i'm starting but I am not good at figuring out the tech behind it. I need it to be live, multi cam, and hd quality as good as what i nee the IAIB podcast on. I'd like to know how to do the live interviews on that quality vid as well as get one of the cameras to be off location but I want to be able to cut between cameas and then pull a master audio into the final output. I want to be able to do this all live. Is the technology available at a reasonable cost for this yet?

Thanks

mcphillips
04-27-2014, 05:50 PM
A lot depends on how you define "reasonable cost". There are many solutions to do what you want. The cheapest is a Google Hangout. The audio and video quality are terrible, but many people don't seem to care. If you want to take a step up, look at something like Xsplit or Vmix. GFQ is using Wirecast as its primary switcher. How much are you willing to spend?

There is a pretty steep learning curve to do things on the level that GFQ is doing them. Give us an idea of how much money you're willing to spend.

HDizzle
04-27-2014, 07:21 PM
A lot depends on how you define "reasonable cost". There are many solutions to do what you want. The cheapest is a Google Hangout. The audio and video quality are terrible, but many people don't seem to care. If you want to take a step up, look at something like Xsplit or Vmix. GFQ is using Wirecast as its primary switcher. How much are you willing to spend?

There is a pretty steep learning curve to do things on the level that GFQ is doing them. Give us an idea of how much money you're willing to spend.

I have used Google hang outs previously and I think I tweeted out the wrong URL to my listeners and I suddenly had a bunch of people logging in at once claiming to be hackers and it ruined the live show. What i'm trying to do is video quality being sent out as good as what i'm seeing on the IAIB vid casts. I want multi camera in the studio i'm building as well as one cam being at a remote location that i can cut between to make it look live. When I say reasonable cost I mean under 5K for the hardware. My main goal is to be live video/audio and ability to take callers. I want the show to be live and people listen live and call in. I think I have figurd out the call in portion I just need something where I can have the live video and someone can overlay text etc over the live feed. I see those guys on Twit doing what i'm trying to do.

andrewzarian
04-27-2014, 07:29 PM
if you are working with a 5,000 dollar budget its very doable. We will be posting a detailed blog on hardware to buy to live stream this week.

HDizzle
04-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Andrew do you use google plus? I sent you a message on there a week back. What i'm trying to do is put together a show thats shot kinda like how the old Howard Stern E! show was. If anyone knows anyone in the Austin area thats doing something similar I don't mind renting time from them at their studio or helping buy eqiupment and sharing a space if anyone is in the Austin area.

if you are working with a 5,000 dollar budget its very doable. We will be posting a detailed blog on hardware to buy to live stream this week.

HDizzle
06-26-2014, 01:25 AM
Is this doable?

I have a video mixer the Roland VR-3EX http://www.rolandsystemsgroup.com/products/100137#.U6vVKaiLFnQ and another USB mixer and a laptop with an HDMI output. The video mixer will take HDMI inputs. What i need is to be able to talk into my microphones going into my mixer (4 mics) and the person on skype be able to hear me without an echo (mix minus) as well as the video from the skype going to the Video mixer so that I can add it into the video mix that I can switch between cameras (4 cameras). The final video will output to a harddrive or online. Here is a description of what needs to be done.

http://www.vmix.com.au/knowledgebase/article.aspx/27/how-do-i-add-a-skype-call-to-vmix

Would I need the additional mixer or can i achieve all this with the Roland VR-3EX

Thanks in advance for the input