PDA

View Full Version : RecoLive Switcher & MultiCam

MovieBuff
04-12-2014, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi9UlToV1No

domineaux
04-13-2014, 10:06 AM
This is hard to believe a $4.99 app.

I only see one problem for guys like me. I can't see filling a screening room with biggest item in it a tripod.

I'm not sure technology hasn't finally left me far behind.

I couldn't afford a Video mixer or the software, now I'm looking at a $4.99 app that will manage the cameras like a very expensive switcher.

Is this a way to do things professionally. I think it could be very well done and so close to professional most people would not know the difference.

Biggest problem I see is keeping track of all that little stuff.

I would feel like an 8 year old setting up his toy soldiers with all those little cameras, and cheesy little accessories.

Note - I was watching the ustream live feeds yesterday from the Bundy Ranch standoff in Nevada. The Feds cut off all the feeds, Ustream included, phones, and all communications. So, in serious situations it might be best to have those old camcorders standing by to capture the moments.

A further note - The Feds didn't have the right to cut off those communications, but they did it anyway. With all the interventions of US government in communications and attacks on first amendment rights it is probably best not to rely on anything the government can tamper.

A further note - As in the example video, simple videos for cooking shows, light hearted commentary, not-so-important discussions you can probably work with this. You just wouldn't want to broadcast any discussion or commentary that the communication cops might consider inflammatory or not fit their guidelines. All of our communications are being recorded and stored. Who is to say, if you get a really good interview with a somewhat controversial person it might be quashed by the communication cops.

Recording video, I would say is a must regardless of the toys you have for broadcasting.

oscarmartz
04-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Wow very cool. Anyone here using it?

BradShoemaker
04-14-2014, 07:06 AM
First thought that pops in my head is... "Game Changer"... Especially when at conferences or on the road. These would be much easier to setup than everything else.

That being said, there are several things that wouldn't be as good, especially when it comes to higher quality setups and cameras.

TomSinclair
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM
This is stunning!

MovieBuff
07-14-2014, 10:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaB7v7rmz-w

domineaux
07-15-2014, 07:22 AM

Looks great. It would appear there is interface between serious cameras, other than iphones.

Camera switching is still a bugaboo. I tried it with a couple of c920 and gave up.

Logitech doesn't provide software/drivers that allow separate camera settings using the same camera type. (2 c920 at same time). Yes, I could use different models of Logitech webcam and use that way, or with other camera type. I took the extra c920 back to Bestbuy and they gave me store credit, because I was 2 weeks and 2 days since I bought it. It seems new policy for returns is 2 weeks only. c920 Still in the box, and I got jacked around. Sorry, just had to tell. Now with that, I am bitter enough I don't even want to mess with the store credit. Funny how getting screwed over can make you think.

The problem is the c920 is good quality, but when you use other high quality hd camera the difference in quality is very noticeable. Not so good.