PDA

View Full Version : Blip.tv kills RSS what have you replaced it with

andrewzarian
03-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Many video podcasters have been using Blip.tv to host their podcasts. last week Blip stopped RSS distribution. What have you guys replaced blip with? not too many options out there.

NicoleSpag
03-07-2014, 07:00 AM
We have over 200 videos on blip that we are now trying to find a cost effective solution for storing and serving up to our viewers.

For any new videos we are uploading to Libsyn (and if there is any space left for the month (we have a 1500mb upload max a month) we are slowly going back and uploading our back catalog)

Until we can get all of them up on Libsyn, we are using Archive.org for both our HD and SD versions and embedding using YouTube. Unfortunately our Tivo feed doesn't accept archive.org, so it's only when can get them on Libsyn, will it show up on Tivo.

All I know it's a shit ton of work for something I would have gladly paid for on Blip. Rather pissed at them at the moment.

andrewzarian
03-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks Nicole great information. We are also moving everything over to Archive.org also.. just taking a long time to get the back catalog there. We have over 5 years of content

mcphillips
03-08-2014, 03:24 PM
By the way, welcome NicoleSpag. If you are who I think you are, I'm a big fan of your and your husband's website AND the podcast with Matt and Shannon.

Podnutter
05-23-2014, 09:49 PM
What have you guys replaced your RSS with? Or should I say host with. I had a few shows on Blip and jsut noticed that RSS is finsihed. Where should I start uploading my video to ?

andrewzarian
05-23-2014, 11:16 PM
might be worth checking out Podbean (podbean.com) They just added unlimited Audio and Video hosting
http://i.imgur.com/c3d5RB3.jpg

mcphillips
05-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Who uses Podbean? Are you going to try them out?

domineaux
05-28-2014, 09:03 AM
I like this criteria for podcasting. This is from a Jackson's school of podcasting article.

1. Don’t mess with my file. What I upload is what I want people to download.
2. Give me the ability to have an unlimited back catalog (unlimited storage)
3. Don’t limit my audience size (unlimited bandwidth)
4. Don’t control my feed, and make it easy to leave if I choose to do so. I need to be able to put in an iTunes redirect script.
5. Give me support.
6. Charge me for your service so you can stay in business
7. Give me stats so I can see what’s working. It would be nice if they were accurate.

additional items I consider necessary.
8. Anonymous users should be allowed, without registration and login (livestream requirement lower priced plans)
9. Embeds allowed

Dahalabit
05-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Did anyone get an email today from Blip.tv I saw that many people got an email telling them that their accounts are going to be deleted and to upload their shows to youtube