PDA

View Full Version : Help from Taiwan!

wdevn
02-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Hello Everyone! 大家好!

Should be "Hello from Taiwan"...:D

My name is James Thomas. I am from the South Bronx, New York City. I currently live and work in Taipei, The Republic of China. I was educated in Beijing, China and Taiwan. I read and speak Mandarin China fluently. I also have a long background in TV News media from Asia. I am the founder of World Data Exchange Video Network (WDEVN) and also the host of an Internet Talk show from Taiwan called "Four Seas One Family 四海一家.

I am glad to join this community and I hope that I can contribute information form this region.

Long form Intro:

WDEVN was founded in 2005, by James Thomas, as a network that focuses on Taiwan and Asia as a whole. WDEVN started as the primary English language Bulletin Board System (BBS) in Taiwan, which offered connections internationally. Gradually, WDEVN became a news gathering source for expats living mainly in Taipei. In 2008 WDEVN evolved into a video on demand service where users could send in videos they produced to be streamed over the Internet.

In 2010, the network shifted gears again and offered live video streams. Today, the network has nearly 2 million viewers per month and the viewership is growing.

andrewzarian
02-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the site james~

wdevn
02-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the site james~

Hello Andrew! I am glad to be here. I updated my profile. However, it isn't possible to upload a banner. I have tried a few times to upload a 941x181 banner and the system will not save it.