PDA

View Full Version : I am so tempted...

AlBurr
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I have been seeing this ad for awhile now and I am so tempted to buy these headphones given the price. I am sure they aren't the best quality but (5) headphones for 89 bucks...wow!

http://www.bswusa.com/Headphones-Sennheiser-HD202PKG-P4982.aspx

MovieBuff
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Looks nice.

Dan Ortego
01-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello Al,
Lately it seems that you and me have been walking the same path on our studio builds. Frankly I'm surprised that you would consider a set of headphones that are so well priced insomuch that we both like the higher end stuff. This set is a good value especially if you contact BSW and ask for a quote.

Back when I was swing-testing headphones I went through four different sets before selecting the Beyerdynamic DT1350. I can't think of a product that’s more subjective than headphones due to the highly subjective nature of comfort and sound. For what it's worth, one of my reviews is posted on B&H entitled 'The Headphones I wanted to hate!' dated 08/15/2013.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755710-REG/Beyerdynamic_702072_DT_1350_On_Ear_Closed_Back.htm l

BTW, the price has dropped about 30-bucks since I purchased them so they're a better value today.

AlBurr
01-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey Dan... I agree...in fact I think my tendency is to be somewhat of an elitist when it comes to gear. I often tend to ignorantly think paying more equates to better quality. Certainly in some cases that's true but not always. I have been bitten by that more times than I would like to admit. Thank goodness I can't afford to be a real elitist..just imagine the mistakes I could make...

With regard to these headphones I was just considering them for guests or at ~16bucks a pop I'd give them away to friends :) Personally I own a pair of SennheiserHD 558's that I enjoy. They are open ear so I can hear my wife and kids yelling at me...

PaulSaunders
01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Wow thats a great price for a 5 pack..