PDA

View Full Version : Best computer builds for live broadcasting HDMI or HD-SDI cameras?

MovieBuff
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
What you would love to use in terms of a computer setup or build to do live broadcasting in HD?

Try to think of setups with 4 camcorders that have HDMI or HD-SDI cameras:
Desktop build setups:
Laptop setups:

AlBurr
01-21-2014, 10:59 AM
One of the first requirements I am finding that I neglected is "silence" or good acoustical treatment. So I just recently purchased but haven't recieved a purpose built computer case to replace my current computer case that should lower the noise floor in my office studio by a few dB without any significant increase in thermal conditions. Since I tend to overclock most of my stuff that was a consideration for me.

I love building PCs so I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on what they feel would be a good approach. I plan on replacing the guts of my PC within the next year to 18mos. Part of the challenge is that I want to do it all with this PC... As I get into video editing and other video related activities E.G. HD streaming I think a new set of components will be necessitated. Plus there are a couple PC games coming up that will definitely stress my current rig.

MovieBuff
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
One of the first requirements I am finding that I neglected is "silence" or good acoustical treatment. So I just recently purchased but haven't recieved a purpose built computer case to replace my current computer case that should lower the noise floor in my office studio by a few dB with any significant increase in thermal conditions. Since I tend to overclock most of my stuff that was a consideration for me.

I love building PCs so I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on what they feel would be a good approach. I plan on replacing the guts of my PC within the next year to 18mos. Part of the challenge is that I want to do it all with this PC... As I get into video editing and other video related activities E.G. HD streaming I think a new set of components will be necessitated. Plus there are a couple PC games coming up that will definitely stress my current rig.

I'm in the same boat. I want to find or build a PC that will be great for editing 4K footage and play high end games.

TommySulivan
01-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Maybe the IAIB can post a blog with options. I am looking for a streaming setup also

Jcrosbie
05-11-2015, 01:45 PM
The Paladin (http://www.yourpaladin.com)is able to ingest HD-SDI or HDMI signals. The unit has all the power of a desktop PC (with a full i7 3770k CPU) in a case that is the size of a ream of paper. We are using a standard Magwell HDMI or HD-SDI card but we have it inverted to allow for it to be placed in line with the motherboard. We can also put the unit in a Gaems G155 case so you can always have a monitor with speakers on the go :)