PDA

View Full Version : Importance of Stitcher Radio

andrewzarian
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
One of the most important things any Podcaster/Internet Broadcaster can do is syndicate their content on as many platforms as possible. Other then Itunes I believe that Stitcher is the most important place to have your content on. Stitcher Radio not only allows you to create a 24/7 Radio station but also acts as a podcast directory. Stitcher recently added BMW to the list of automotive platforms it is available on.

For people who dont know what Stitcher is

Stitcher is the leader in Internet Radio for the world beyond music. We deliver the latest news, politics, sports, business and entertainment on-demand to listeners on their mobile phones. The Stitcher app has been downloaded over 5 million times and offers the best programming from thousands of content providers including NPR, Fox and CNN. Stitcher is available for iPhone, Android and iPad and is being integrated directly into new Ford and GM vehicles.

I have seen my a very large spike in viewership/downloads since putting all my shows on Stitcher. Its amazing that your listeners can now have the option to listen to your broadcast in the car

With that said... Is your content on Stitcher?

jamesdelfresco
04-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes I agree. I only listen to podcasts on stitcher. most of the time it is when I am driving to work or to pick or when I pick of my wife

andrewzarian
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
For sure James. I have been using Stitcher for a few years now. With 4g phones becoming the standard more and more people will be discovering Streaming Internet radio. I have said it many times in the past that 4g will change Internet Broadcasting. Its always great when a friend or family members tells me that they listen to my shows on Stitcher.

jamesdelfresco
04-23-2012, 07:43 PM
This is going to sound stupid but how do you submit a podcast to stitcher? I can't figure it out. sorry

andrewzarian
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
I believe there is a link on the Stitcher Website. They do manually select the shows they want on the service.

MyTakeRadio
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I have been on Stitcher for awhile and love the service. I enjoy the ease that our listeners can stream our content. Their team is super helpful

Formulatech
05-13-2012, 01:18 PM
I haven't used Stitcher but just downloaded it and going to give it a go over the next week.

AnthonyPotgieter
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Andrew you stream live to Stitcher correct?

andrewzarian
07-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Yup we stream all our content live on stitcher along with having on demand programming on there