PDA

View Full Version : Business cards, handouts, etc. for your show?

MediaFiasco
01-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I have had friends ask me for Media Fiasco business cards and/or similar materials to pass out while they are out an about, so I thought I would see what all of you do as far as cards, handouts, etc.
-
I was thinking of getting business cards made - general purpose cards with Logo/URL, show name and tagline, Feedback email and Voicemail feedback info. On the back, I was thinking of Social Media links. I wasn't going to put my bill@ email address on these as these will be passed out to whoever and wherever.
-
Then maybe get a second set of cards made for me - essentially the same but with my email and my email addy to pass out to personal contacts, possible business partners in the future, etc.
-
And then I was wondering about doing some kind of postcard or something - 4x6, 5x7, or something where I could include a lot of info and use it as a handout for promotional purposes.
-
-
What do you guys do - anything like this at all? Any suggestions as far as content to include/not to include? Any preferred places to deal with? (Business card website seem to be a dime a dozen, with a handful of super popular sites)
-
Thanks for the input/suggestions! :)

BrushfireRadio
02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Cafepress and Visaprint are cheap and easy to use. I use them and give the mechandise to friends (shirts to teenagers so they can show off at school, business cards to business owners). The trick is to make the podcast look bigger than it really is and grab a few fans who would fall to peer pressure. Can't give exact results yet as I've started in the last month and already had 400 views. So never give up! Always be innovative with branding.

Dan Ortego
02-15-2014, 09:57 AM
I order my personal cards from Zazzle.com and I'm quite happy with them. I keep it simple with just my name, phone, fax, and email. If I want to pass out a card with my address, I apply one of those freebie address labels we get in the mail all the time from various sources and stick it on the back. I chose the 'attorney style' which is very basic yet professional looking with no logo.

Then again, I'm not a professional so the cards are for personal use only but they still look quite nice and it avoids having to jot down my contact information on a gum wrapper or similar.

AlBurr
02-15-2014, 05:26 PM
I needed to create some cards for my wife's business and used VistaPrint...very easy to either use your own design or theirs. While I was there I went ahead and printed a few for my yet to be launched show. You can even throw a QR code on the card if you want...

MediaFiasco
03-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I started fiddling around on Vista Print, and came up with the following. I wanted to get as much info on there as possible, as I am going to have other people handing these out, and this saves them from having to know/explain all of the details...

I am going to go with a thicker card with a matte finish so they will be easy to write on if I want to give out my personal email or phone number for potential business partners (or good-looking women :cool:).

It was really easy to use, and I can see using this type of thing to make other promotional matierals such as large format post cards in the future.

What do you think?

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/maytagman-sc2/Media%20Fiasco%20Pics%20001/BC003_zps40e456a2.jpg (http://s799.photobucket.com/user/maytagman-sc2/media/Media%20Fiasco%20Pics%20001/BC003_zps40e456a2.jpg.html)

oscarmartz
03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Thats really cool. like it!