PDA

View Full Version : USB Mixer Connection

bigsix
12-20-2013, 06:26 AM
OK, I'm a newbie here and I just purchased an Allen & Heath XB-10 USB mixer. I connected the USB cable to my computer and the other end to the mixer. However, when I connect the USB cable, my computer speakers won't play and I have to listen to everything through the headphones from the mixer. I have new speaker monitors coming soon, but I would still like to use my computer speakers for my computer. Is there a way I can do this? Or will I have to use my monitor speakers for everything and will the monitors (Adam A3X) work with my computer?

Thanks

AlBurr
12-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi Bigsix and welcome to the group. I have a similar mixer XB14-2 but haven't hooked it up yet due to power issues. I hope to have that rectified (pardon the pun) next week and will be curious with whatever the solution maybe. I suspect that, depending on your PC setup, there will be a way to switch between output options. Are the speakers USB speakers? I use a small program to switch between audio devices aptly called SoundSwitch (http://soundswitch.codeplex.com/). That may work for you...

bigsix
12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Hello Alburr, and thanks for the reply. I will have to take a look at device you mentioned. Yes they are USB speakers. They are the Bose Companion 5 speakers.

You need special power for your mixer?

Podnutter
05-11-2014, 05:48 AM
I have had nothing but trouble with my usb mixer. how is it going for you?

bigsix
05-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I haven't had any issues with my XB10.