PDA

View Full Version : New Podcaster from CA is here!

MediaFiasco
12-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm glad to have found these forums!

My name is Bill, and I have a podcast called Media Fiasco. It is my irreverent and inappropriate look at news and pop culture... think "Not the stories you would hear on your grandma's CNN"... :cool:

I am pretty new to it (I just published Episode 26), and am looking forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here. I see a few familiar names here, but all that really means is that I listen to your show but you don't know who the heck I am... LOL

I live in the California Central Valley (Ripon, CA) and my other hobbies include Craft Beers, Cigars, and Quality Coffee.

My setup is as follows:
PR40 with a FetHead into a Mackie 1402VLZ3, MDX4600 Compressor/Limiter/Gate, a PowerPlay Pro XL Headphone amp, and iPad 2 I use for Soundboard, and a cheap PC Laptop I use to run Skype, as a secondary soundboard, and if I ever want to play YouTube clips, etc through my mixer. I record onto a Roland R-05, and then do post with Audition on a PC.

I know there are some things I can likely inprove, but I think the setup and sound quality are pretty decent for a newb... I hope... ;) I am still getting the hang of moving my hands through all of the equipment while reading news stories at the same time...

Well, that is long-winded enough for now... I'll catch you guys poking around the forums...

andrewzarian
12-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Hey Bill welcome to the forum!!

Dan Ortego
12-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Though we already batted around in a few threads, welcome to the forum!

MyTakeRadio
12-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the party Bill!

MediaFiasco
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys - happy to be here!

oscarmartz
12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
welcome to the club!