PDA

View Full Version : Tom Leykis Attracts 400,000 Listeners to New Internet Broadcast

Spencer Kobren
04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Tom Leykis is shouting out loud and proud that his new online radio service has more than 400,000 listeners.

See Blog post on Radio-info.com:

http://www.radio-info.com/news/tom-leykis-claims-his-new-online-show-has-attracted-400000-listeners-in-2-w

Congratulations Tom!

mcphillips
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
He can claim whatever he wants. I'm not convinced that his numbers are accurate. In any case, he has to sustain an audience to make the show commercially viable. We'll have to wait and see.

Spencer Kobren
04-20-2012, 09:53 PM
He can claim whatever he wants. I'm not convinced that his numbers are accurate. In any case, he has to sustain an audience to make the show commercially viable. We'll have to wait and see.

The numbers seem pretty reasonable to me, but I think the important message to take from the post is that the industry is forever changed. Radio as we once knew it no longer exists, and Internet broadcasting is the medium of choice for even the most experienced and successful broadcasters.

andrewzarian
04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
The numbers seem reasonable. It also exposes what his real numbers were on terrestrial radio.