PDA

View Full Version : What is your Favorite Tech Podcast

andrewzarian
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Who do you listen to and why?

MyTakeRadio
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Usually listen to The Podcasters Studio, Audacity to Podcast and Windows Home Server Show. I have a few others as well but these are good because I am actually learning things to apply to my product. I avoid listening to show too much like my own as not inadvertently borrow any of their bits or ideas.

Spencer Kobren
04-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Who do you listen to and why?

I would love to see a Tech show for “dummies”... like me.:) You know for the old dude trying to get up to speed with all that’s cool in tech.

erictimmer
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Here is my list in no specific order. (I have a 30-40 minute commute to and from work)

-What the Tech - You and Paul are funny
-TWiT - Leo
-MacBreak - I like Mac's
-This Week in Google (rarely get through a whole episode these days) - Not sure why i listen anymore lol
-Techzing - Just starting listening and I like the way they talk about the startup in progress and other random chat.
Geek News Central - Used to live in Hawaii and Todd is a friend (I at least listen to the beginning but haven't been listening to the whole show recently)
iPad Weekly - (I watch it on YouTube or on the TWiT site only, no audio) I am a new iPad user and I am always looking for new apps and uses.

AgentPete
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I started, as I suspect many do, listening to and being inspired by Leo Laporte.
I have to say that I've pretty much stopped listening to him. Not entirely sure why, but his operation is so big now it doesn't quite feel the same. And really, I can update myself on tech news far more quickly on the Ars Technica website... no need to sit thru a whole show.
I do like, and still subscribe to, the Mike Tech Show. It's not the most polished show out there, but it's got a rawness and directness about it that I like. He's a working "tech guy", not just a journo, and he talks about issues that are relevant to me.

andrewzarian
06-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I think there are some great shows out there. Content is King.