PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Affiliate Link Question

andrewzarian
10-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys.

I was hoping some of you Affiliate expert would have an answer for this question.

If I created a direct link for a product. Lets say a microphone. you click on the link but don't buy the product. You end up browsing around and buying something else. Do I get the credit for the thing you bought?

I have heard mixed answers when it comes to this.

Donovan
10-29-2013, 05:42 PM
My understanding is yes because at one time it set a cookie on the user's browser. I think that is the way it still works.

andrewzarian
10-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I was thinking the same but does it set the cookie for all things amazon or just that product you linked to?

Donovan
10-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I was thinking the same but does it set the cookie for all things amazon or just that product you linked to?

I believe it's for all things. For instance, if I follow your link, let's say for a microphone and I decide to not buy it but instead buy a DVD, you should get credit for it. Even if I come back a day or two later, unless I've followed another Amazon affiliate link from someone else, you should still get credit for anything I buy. That has been the way I've understood it to always work. I've had an affiliate account for about 3 years or so.

andrewzarian
10-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Interesting... I had no idea thats how it works.. thank for the info !!!