PDA

View Full Version : Who's Buying an iPad Air ?

oscarmartz
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/74NGSdb.jpg

Are you guys getting one? I can't wait for it to come out. This is the best iPad yet!

Podnutter
10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
I am not...

AlBurr
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
I have a 3rd generation...guess I will wait for hmmm let me see...7th generation or whatever they decide to call it. However I do agree that it is cool. I actually may get a iPad Mini with retina however...but I will wait for the craze to die down.

Dan Ortego
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm going to pass for now as I just purchased the iPhone 5S 32gb. I too have the 3rd Gen iPad which serves me well enough. Now, if I were traveling more often and particularly out of the country, I would buy it in a flash. Anyway, I'm far more interested in saving up for the new MacPro (entry level).

More to say... my 2009 MacPro is creeping along very slowly so its time.

docizzen
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
I'll probably wait for the iPad Gas.

ronknights
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm still using the original iPad. I bought it the day after the second version was announced. I got it "refurbished" (actually brand new!) and saved $150.

The original iPad is showing its age. I can't run some apps, and can't update to IOS7. I'd love to replace it. But money is tight. I also need to upgrade at least one of my Macs. I'd get more mileage from getting a newer Mac than I would getting the latest iPad.

Dan Ortego
10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I agree that a new MacBook would be pound for pound and dollar for dollar a better value if you are ready have an iPad that works. Perhaps I was wrong and that my iPad must be a bit newer as I have no problems running the apps except for recently. Once I downloaded iOS 7 onto my iPad I noticed it least two App's are now finicky.

sunkast
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm more excited about the iPad Mini having Retina now.

Dan Ortego
10-24-2013, 11:57 AM
The iPad Mini with Retina has potential to replace the nav unit in my car because it's a lot smarter and provides better turn by turn directions.

I would have thought by now, someone would've made a in-dash DEN mount for cars but so far I haven't seen one. Push a button or latch and grab n' go.