PDA

View Full Version : New Garageband for Podcasting

oscarmartz
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Has anyone here used the new Garageband to record their podcast? Are there any changes? Pros? Cons?

techzentv
10-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Somewhere I heard that the podcasting options have been removed, but I have not confirmed that yet.

sunkast
10-24-2013, 11:55 AM
If they remove the podcasting options, can you still create audio files with chapters?

Dan Ortego
10-24-2013, 12:09 PM
While I do have it, I haven't played with it that much. As a beta tester for Mavericks I was knee-deep with those features but not the GarageBand and such.

techzentv
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
I have never used it for podcasting but looking at it, there are still some podcasting options in it. So I may have heard wrong. Not really sure what options you would really need, you output an audio file and upload it, that is what garageband does.

erictimmer
11-02-2013, 07:22 AM
They have removed the podcasting icon, so you just record your voice and do your editing. It's a change but no big deal. I always used GarageBand to record my podcasts, as they had some nice "podcaster" settings for digital compression/limiting.

Not sure how I feel about the upgrade yet. I think I need some more time with it. I will probably do a video tutorial in a few weeks.