PDA

View Full Version : Streaming 24/7

RadarGaming
10-19-2013, 10:47 AM
A lot of Internet Broadcasters stream reruns when they arnt doing a live show. Because I only do one show a week streaming 24/7 is useless I believe. For anyone streaming 24/7 what are the benefits of it and what kind of traffic do you see from those replays?

Amnon
10-19-2013, 04:23 PM
We do it, and it is really done just to get more eyes. The CDNs show "Live" shows on their fron page, and many potential viewers just scan these programs. The traffic is all over the place too, with Bambuser getting the most (we do not do 24x7 with them though, only the REAL live :-). next come Vaughn and then DailyMotion and Justin.

andrewzarian
10-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Nick thats actually a really good question. There are pros and cons to streaming 24/7. Since we have 14 shows a week we have enough content to fill up the 24/7 stream.

Pros :

Able to pick up drive by traffic

Con:

You lose download numbers

joedemax
10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Gotta consider energy usage + bandwidth usage (if you have a cap).

mcphillips
10-28-2013, 06:50 PM
It sounds like there might be a need for IAIB Radio!

andrewzarian
10-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Nick you might find this interesting. We didnt get a chance to replay What the Tech after the live broadcast this afternoon. I have already seen a huge boost to the download numbers.

Toma
11-30-2013, 05:38 PM
We do it, and it is really done just to get more eyes. The CDNs show "Live" shows on their fron page, and many potential viewers just scan these programs. The traffic is all over the place too, with Bambuser getting the most (we do not do 24x7 with them though, only the REAL live :-). next come Vaughn and then DailyMotion and Justin.

Now, you also have CatchMyWorld (http://www.catchmyworld.com) : very easy to LIVE broadcast (and Record at the same time) from the iOS or Android App called 'catchmyworld' (as well as a webcam obviously) -

Amnon
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Now, you also have CatchMyWorld (http://www.catchmyworld.com) : very easy to LIVE broadcast (and Record at the same time) from the iOS or Android App called 'catchmyworld' (as well as a webcam obviously) -
Weeeellllll, not so fast :-)
Two of their posted emails came back as 'no such user'. A call to their posted 800 number returned a 'Sex line'.

Toma
12-14-2013, 05:36 PM
What are you talking about?
1/ I do not see 'CatchMyWorld' having posted emails on this forum;
2/ You may have dialed one of the 'sex' numbers in your contact list by mistake -

You should at least visit catchmyworld.com and you will see how nice this site is, with very good contents from real people LIVE broadcasting unique moments (when traveling, hiking, attending events, etc.) from their phone or tablet -

I am an active user on this platform and also a user of Bambuser and Ustream-
I can tell you that CatchMyWorld is much more powerful and user-friendly than those 2 other sites.

I see Nissan Communications uses Bambuser - it may be good enough for your radio show -/

techzentv
12-16-2013, 11:40 AM
What are you talking about?
1/ I do not see 'CatchMyWorld' having posted emails on this forum;
2/ You may have dialed one of the 'sex' numbers in your contact list by mistake -

You should at least visit catchmyworld.com and you will see how nice this site is, with very good contents from real people LIVE broadcasting unique moments (when traveling, hiking, attending events, etc.) from their phone or tablet -

I am an active user on this platform and also a user of Bambuser and Ustream-
I can tell you that CatchMyWorld is much more powerful and user-friendly than those 2 other sites.

I see Nissan Communications uses Bambuser - it may be good enough for your radio show -/

I visited the site and it is horrible. This seems more like spam than the conversation of an active user. All 4 of your posts are promoting the catchmyworld.com site which is not a real broadcasting solution.