PDA

View Full Version : iHeart Radio podcasts. Do you have your show on it

oscarmartz
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Has anyone here added their show to iHeartRadio? I am wondering if people are actually seeing results and an increase to their overall numbers.

BradShoemaker
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Has anyone here added their show to iHeartRadio? I am wondering if people are actually seeing results and an increase to their overall numbers.

I'm in a submission cue for them but haven't been added yet.

andrewzarian
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I have yet to submit GFQ's shows onto the service. I am not too sure how I feel about Clear Channel having any kind of rights to my content :)

oscarmartz
10-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Andrew would you be scared of Clear Channel?

podcastcoach
10-17-2013, 08:46 AM
My show is on there. The interesting this is once your show is accepted, the ability to subscribe to your RSS feed on the spreaker site disappears (as iHeart Radio now has EXCLUSIVE access to that show). People can still listen on the website, and you can always copy and paste the download link into your wordpress post (with something like Powerpress) and use THAT feed (say on your own site), but the actual feed on Spreaker is no longer public.

The other fun thing is there are zero stats on if anyone is listening. So my first impression is I am now officially what comes on after clear channels pre-roll (which wasn't there until they let "indie" people on their network). I've heard it form a few people that Clear Channel is limping. This is one way to get people to their app so they can sell advertising.

Is it good for my show? I have no idea. I have no idea if anyone is listening (their stats do not get mentioned in the stitcher stats).

jamesdelfresco
10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I had no idea that You could do this on i heart radio .. Wow

BradShoemaker
12-09-2013, 06:26 PM
As of today, the show I produce, Hammer and Nigel have made it into the iheartradio world. It will be interesting to see if it impacts us at all.

I worked at Clear Channel as the Web/Marketing Director in Indianapolis when iHeart came into being... I went through the process again at Cumulus when I was the Web Director there and took those stations onto the platform... it will be interesting to see how this works given they are using Spreaker as the content stepping point, especially since I haven't yet tried out their RSS feeds to bring the shows in yet and have only posted to Spreaker as a means to get into the iHearRadio world. Before that I never used Spreaker.