PDA

View Full Version : Made the Jump to Video

MyTakeRadio
10-06-2013, 10:22 PM
There are a few of you who know me quite well and have heard of My Take Radio in some capacity. To those unfamiliar with MTR allow me to give you the short version. I began podcasting 2006 with just a headset mic, Libsyn and the desire to connect with fellow fans of wrestling, mma and entertainment. I would record 2 hours shows every week but as time went on I grew frustrated and dejected for a multitude of reasons so I took a long hiatus. In 2009 I relaunched the show in a live format and haven't looked back. During the my journey I met and interviewed Andrew and we got along from the start. As time went on Andrew and some of my colleagues on the site nudged me to try video and so this past Thursday I not only aired my 200th episode but debuted video for the live show.

It has been an adjustment for sure but it allowed a new level of interaction with my audience that really validated why this jump was a must for me and my brand. I feel like this is episode one all over again and I hope to continue to improve so my that my video presence is as strong as my audio presence much like my fellow peers here at the IAIB.

I wanted to share this milestone with you guys but also to thank guys like AZ, Spencer, Colm and Sunkast for all their encouraging words along the way. I have a long way to go on the video side but I feel relieved to have made the plunge.

andrewzarian
10-07-2013, 06:57 AM
you did a great job on Thursday. Remember it will take some time to get the video where you want it and that can be frustrating at times. It took us 4 years for me to be happy with the quality of our lighting and video.

techzentv
10-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Congrats! Like andrew said, don't stress out, you can work out any issues over time. Plus, you cannot get any better than Andrew, John and Spencer for advice.

MyTakeRadio
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks Mike & Andrew. Definitely glad to have made the jump.

jamesdelfresco
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I am also considering video....... I still have a long way to go