PDA

View Full Version : Livestreaming on Dailymotion

RadarGaming
09-27-2013, 07:14 PM
I was told from some people in the community to use DailyMotion as a CDN for my podcast. I had a very good experience with them on my show last Friday. Has anyone else used them as a LIVE CDN?

andrewzarian
09-27-2013, 07:28 PM
We have been streaming live on Dailymotion for a few weeks now and it has been rock solid. no downtime, No glitches, and they do transcoding. This is a huge feature considering many people cant view shows in HD. This eliminates the need to stream to different CDNs

mcphillips
09-27-2013, 07:34 PM
DailyMotion has a LOT of "drive by" viewers. That's great for building an audience.

jamesdelfresco
09-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Wow I had no idea Dailymotion was doing livestreaming. I cant see anywhere on their website that highlights it. Is this new? How does one sign up and start livestreaming?

Podnutter
09-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Same question as James. I signed up for an account but dont see any options to stream live. Is this only for special accounts. I see that GFQ has an "official" account

JaseRossi
09-28-2013, 09:58 AM
We are also using Dailymotion to live stream and for all of are videos.

To Live Stream is a little confusing to be honest lol.

All I did was sign up for an account. Filled out all the profile information and graphic requirements. You then just upload a few episodes so you can apply to be an Official User. It is free and only takes a few days to hear back.

http://official.dailymotion.com/en/

Once you become an official user, all you have to do is make a place holder video and upload it to your Dailymotion account. Then edit the video and at the bottom of the video you will see the Live Stream option.

Once you click that this video is for LIVE it will give you the rtmp address and stream address to use in Wirecast or whatever you're using.

Here is a link to the guide from Dailymotion for Live Streaming.

http://www.dailymotion.com/files/static/Dailymotion-Live_guidelines.pdf

If anyone has any questions they can contact me here or on twitter @jaserossi :)