PDA

View Full Version : Podcast hosting services

jamesdelfresco
09-25-2013, 10:34 AM
What are you guys using to host your podcast? Are you guys using services like soundcloud or are you hosting them locally on your site? What would be the best option for someone who does 3 different shows weekly?

MaxFlight
09-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Think about two kinds of hosting:

Media hosting for your mp3 (or whatever) files: I use both Libsyn and Blubrry for different shows. Both perform well and provide top-notch support, in my experience. I've used the free Archive.org, which is a bit slow.

Website (blog) hosting: One podcast is on Hostgator and one is on Bluehost. Both are good and running Wordpress installations. I've done a third on Squarespace, which is a great concept, but not particularly podcast-friendly.

Personally, I recommend using Wordpress for your podcast home, if for no other reason than the support ecosystem is giant. Since you are talking about 3 different podcasts, that tells me you are serious so I'd go with a dedicated media service like Libsyn or Blubrry.

andrewzarian
09-30-2013, 08:08 AM
We host all our shows on a dedicated server with Godaddy. We are currently experiencing some issues with out of our more popular shows.

oscarmartz
09-30-2013, 11:41 AM
If you are not getting a lot of traffic go with a godaddy. you have a lot of flexibility and can add a bunch of your shows. Something like a Libsyn will cost you a few bucks if you have a "network"

techzentv
10-01-2013, 04:55 PM
I use 1and1.com and have a dedicated server that hosts my media files. So far things have been good with them.

andrewzarian
10-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Hey Mike do you also host your video on 1and1?

techzentv
10-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, I have a dedicated server just for the media and another that is hosting my web sites.