PDA

View Full Version : Call in Studio - Worth it for Podcasting?

jamesdelfresco
09-16-2013, 06:43 AM
I would like to start taking some phone calls when I finally go live with my podcast and was wondering what options we have. I know with blog talk radio you have a call in system but the quality is not that great. I did some homework last night and found a company called Call in Studio (http://www.callinstudio.com).

Has anyone here used it? if so whats the deal? worth it?

mcphillips
09-16-2013, 04:19 PM
David Jackson used it on last Saturday's show. I was not impressed.

andrewzarian
09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Mike what didn't you like about it. I know you have some hands on experience with Blog Talk Radio

mcphillips
09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I was on the caller end. The interface must have been confusing. They kept hanging up and restarting it. The audio quality was not very good, based on what I could hear. There's no way for me to know how many of the issues were on Dave's side. He was testing the service.

podcastcoach
09-16-2013, 07:30 PM
The interface is somewhat confusing, and you have to enter a serious amount of numbers to launch your show. The problem is they don't (apparently) show the number of the caller. This makes it kind of hard to keep callers straight. In my case I lost track of which line was me calling in from skype (which is how I connected to the service - along with my guest host Jim Collison). When I clicked "Drop" I accidentally dropped the call from Skype (basically the connection to the show). As Mike mentioned, I was learning live. Next week should be better.

You can hear the quality at
http://www.spreaker.com/user/podcastcoach/iheart_radio_stole_my_feed

I have an interview with the owner scheduled for Thursday.

I was on the caller end. The interface must have been confusing. They kept hanging up and restarting it. The audio quality was not very good, based on what I could hear. There's no way for me to know how many of the issues were on Dave's side. He was testing the service.