PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Nessie - Good for podcasting?

Podnutter
09-15-2013, 03:36 PM
I am looking for a usb Microphone that looks cool for my podcast. People are telling me to check out the blue nessie. Has anyone here used it? Would love to get a your thoughts on how good it is.

http://i.imgur.com/lzsSMe7.png

mcphillips
09-15-2013, 07:48 PM
It's a condenser mic. Unless you have an acoustically treated studio, get a dynamic, like the ATR2100.

Podnutter
09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Is the Yeti a condenser also ? I now a lot of people also use that microphone for podcasts. Also if condensers are not good for most peoples setups why are they buying them ?

mcphillips
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Why do people do stupid things? Heck if I know. The Snowball thing got started because the "genuises" at the Apple store recommended them. One people spend their money, it's hard to get them to change their minds and spend more. Some people just down understand or want to hear reality.

Yes, the Yeti is a condenser. Condensers are for recording. They are not well suited for Internet broadcasting. You can use whatever you want, though.

techzentv
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
I have a blue snowball and a yeti and I can tell you for sure they pickup just about every noise. If your room is quiet and you have no computer fans, air conditioners the blue snowball sounds great. I use it on google hangouts only though because it is a condenser.

What does it matter if it looks cool? As long as it sounds good. What are you trying to replace?