PDA

View Full Version : Podcasting Coach - I need one

Podnutter
09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I am a little frustrated with some of the stuff I am doing when it comes to getting my podcast ready for prime time. I was wondering if it would be worth hiring a podcasting coach to get me up to date with everything I need to do.

Can you guys recommend one or tell me what I should look for when looking for a podcasting coach?

Dan Ortego
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Believe me, you're not alone as I'm in the same boat. Since I live in the middle of nowhere I have to rely on this forum and others' for guidance. I can't even recall how many YouTube videos I've watched by web casters providing step-by-step procedures, selection of gear, etc. Even so, there's a lot of trial and error involved in the process and I'm not sure it's entirely avoidable.

TommySulivan
09-08-2013, 03:24 PM
I have looked into the same thing but in all honesty it seems like BS. You can find the information for free on services like the IAIB. Why would I pay for something I can get for free any any given time here or other podcasting groups

MovieBuff
09-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Same boat Dan. :)

Podnutter, I would do some research on Youtube live. I'm starting to think it's probably the best free option out there. All you need is 100 subscribers. After that I would look into Wirecast (The full version, not "Wirecast for Youtube"). Wait a bit because they are about to announce the new Wirecast (5.0) next week.

mcphillips
09-09-2013, 04:57 AM
If you're lazy and have plenty of money, be sure and hire a podcast "coach". They'll save you the trouble of having to look up the information (available for free) on the Internet. Be sure to buy all of the equipment they recommend using their affiliate links.

Or you can do it yourself. We're here to help, and we're free. There are plenty of free resources available on the Internet, as well (LinkedIn, Google Plus, Facebook).

There are some services that you should pay for if you're unable to do them yourself: WordPress setup and configuration, website design, graphics design, Roku app development, and such. Shop around to make sure you're getting a reasonable price.

oscarmartz
09-11-2013, 08:50 AM
To me its only worth hiring someone who has "REAL" broadcasting experience. Someone who has been in the broadcasting industry and has had success would be someone I would be interested in learning from. From what I have seen most of these "Podcasting Coaches" are marketing guys trying to get you to buy their BS affiliate crap.

I'm not going to name names but its a shame that people are paying money to "learn" how to connect an RCA cable to a mixer. You can use resources like Youtube, Facebook groups, Google plus communities (not to mention the IAIB) to get the same information for free.