PDA

View Full Version : DA Cast CDN

TheJeffAdamsShow
08-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Anybody using Da Cast as private CDN? Started using it so far no problems. Anything bad I should look out for?

mcphillips
08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Amnon has a subscription, but he's not using it yet.

andrewzarian
09-16-2013, 04:17 AM
I know that a few people use it. Seems pretty stable

GeorgeAdams
02-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Hi Jeff,

DaCast has a great number of features, which can be overwhelming at first but it is easily mastered after playing around a bit. Also, the support staff will help you if you are lost or have any issue.
The software is quite powerful and the player and the paywall are HTML5 compatible. My overall experience with it was really good.

Beyond the technology, I particularly appreciated the pricing (very affordable, especially compared to other video platforms).

PaulSaunders
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I have heard some good stuff about Dacast. Def worth checking out

TomSinclair
02-13-2014, 01:36 PM
I've been using DaCast for about 20 months with good results. The tech staff are friendly and helpful; all native English speakers. The backend is a little different, but once I got used to it I found it quite easy to use. I like that all of my unused bandwidth from one month rolls over to the next. Occasionally they will change something on the backend that causes one or more of my streams not to work, so I make sure I test before each broadcast.

Currently I have one weekly show that I broadcast in two streams. One higher resolution Flash. One lower resolution HTML5. I am not currently using them for archives. I have used their Pay-Per-View in the past and found it quite easy to use and quite lucrative.

I highly recommend them.

- Tom