PDA

View Full Version : Wirecast 5 feature wishlist

andrewzarian
04-14-2012, 06:29 PM
What do you guys hope to see in the next version of Wirecast?

Post your wishlist

joedemax
04-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Playlist support - Being able to queue up multiple videos and have them play one after the other is key.
Virtual device output - There are a lot of workflows where sending out the feed to Skype is very important.
Better title template creation - right now it has to be done in XML, which is a little difficult for a beginner.
Switcher preview/program flip - When i take something to program, what was previously in program should now be in preview
UVC camera control on the Mac version - Open source developers have wrote apps on the Mac to do this, i bet Telestream could figure it out. I need to be able to manually adjust the exposure, gain and white balance before i can even consider using HD webcams
Output to Decklink/Intensity/Kona ect - Being able to output directly to video would be MUCH better than having to scan convert a fullscreen output.

I'll post more as a I think of them.

andrewzarian
04-15-2012, 07:07 AM
I think the Virtual Device Output is the most important feature they are missing currently.

cseeman
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
In addition to those above
Multiple instances of Desktop Presenter (need only be video) on the host computer.
RTMP/RTSP source support.
As part of the above, the ability to use smartphone cameras as sources over both wifi and 3G

andrewzarian
04-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I have been playing around with Wirecast this week and it has really come a long way since the last time I used it.

Spino
04-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Virtual video device for sure.