PDA

View Full Version : Rob Drew

Brutish Sailor
08-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Im Rob Drew,

Shoutcast/Icecast guy. Hobby Broadcaster. Many forums, many places, but here for a while. Wrote a couple of scripts in my time. Been doing this gig in my free time for about 7 years. Started Shoutcasting about 6 years ago. Icecasting 5 years ago.

I run a one man show for Dubstep, Hardhouse, and Drum and Bass. http://beattransit.com

I break about every rule in the broadcasting handbook, like streaming at 96 DB, which really, my stream is clear as day, so I can get away with it. My station isn't perfect, but I pieced it together myself, and its mine. All the way down to the webpage. As long as its better than most multi-million dollar clear channel station streams, and better than most stations that give their broadcasters a paycheck, that's all I ask, and usually I find myself surpassing those expectations.

Oh, and better than most terrestrial broadcast. But I could sneeze and make that happen.

Helped popularize the AAC+ /flash codec through icecast, one of the first to use flash AAC+ without wowza. Streaming evangelist. Donate to many organizations and open source projects in all community's of media. I have a job, pay bills, put on big boy paints around the house, and pray daily.

As well I am user of and huge supporter of the JLA broadcasting community (loudcity and Streamlicensing.) I am a big believer of supporting these kind of venues to keep streams legal for copyrights, even though the labels are still a big winner of royalty's with streams, it makes me feel good to know the artist are getting the considerations they deserve.

Plumber and welder by profession with the Navy (HT)

andrewzarian
08-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Rob Welcome to the IAIB!

oscarmartz
08-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Hello rob. They are a group group of guys here

Brutish Sailor
08-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Gotcha. Group of guys. Dreams do come true.

No seriously, thanks for the warm message, I think I know what you meant, message received.