PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Forum

oscarmartz
07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone my name is Oscar and I have just discovered podcasting. I recently discovered the Joe Rogan show and it opened up a new world. I hope i am not violating any TOS with my question but I was wondering why there aren't Podcasting forums like this one. Where else can someone discover Podcasts.

I hope to discover more shows on this site

TommySulivan
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I think many of them have gone away. It was nothing but self promotion and spamming in most of them (When i was following it) The IAIB is one of the only Podcasting Forums that is maintained and non of the members spam the site with links to their podcasts. Podcast Ally was very successful a few years ago but that went away

Dahalabit
07-15-2013, 03:59 PM
It really comes down to where the communities are going. Facebook and Google plus have great podcasting communities. The issue is that Facebook is not archived and searchable. Forums such as the IAIB are a good recourse for technical information. Most of the other sites that were around years ago (podcast alley) was generally questions about show promotion and marketing

andrewzarian
08-03-2013, 03:59 PM
A lot of them faded away. Lack of interest. Too much self promotion is bad thing. Many of them just became filled with spammers