PDA

View Full Version : Vidblaster Version 3 RC1 released

andrewzarian
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Following is from the Vidblaster Forum

VidBlaster v3.13 beta - Release Candidate 1

Some minor changes and bug fixes for this first release candidate of version 3. Also the API chapter in the Help has now been completely rewritten.

Some of the changes compared to v3.12 are:
Player: text left aligned if both Show.. options are enabled.
Switcher: added caption shortening for IP Decoder.
Streamer: added Start & Stop to popup menu.
Camera III & Streamer: grouped all settings in alphabetical order.
Recorder: fixed bug in elapsed time display.
Streamer: fixed bug in Display Size.
Streamer: fixed audio device compatibility issue for sound cards with long names.
Download the new VidBlaster here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36365812/VidBlaster/SetupVidBlaster313.exe). Please remember this is a beta version, it may contain bugs and/or missing features.

Note the Trial version is equal to the Studio edition. Order your license for VidBlaster Home, Pro, Studio or Broadcast in the store or at your local reseller. Make sure you order the correct license, more information about licensing can be found in this article.

TommySulivan
07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Andrew could you tell us whats different from V.2 ? Any major changes ? Is it worth getting?

jamesdelfresco
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I have no interest in that crap software sorry...

TomSinclair
07-17-2013, 05:37 PM
I used v3.13 in my show today and it ran without issue. I miss the options for recorded video file format, but had no trouble uploading my recorded file to YouTube. I understand that video file format options will be added after the official release is issued.

Even though I don't use it very often, the absence of the Playlist Module in version 3 is concerning. I am hoping that the new Playout Module (sort of a time scheduled playlist) will be worth the wait. Should be a cool feature.

And the new Macro feature (for Studio Editions and up) makes my keyboard into a customized control surface. That's cool.

andrewzarian
07-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey Tom. I am having a few issues. one being that it crashes randomly at times. Also the removal of the audio module has made it a huge inconvenience when it comes to monitoring levels in the software.

TomSinclair
07-18-2013, 07:30 AM
@Andrew: Crashes like freeze/lock-up or BSOD or spinning hourglass? Can you be more specific? Also, when this behavior occurs, how many modules are you using?

Re: Audio Module removal - You've probably noticed that VU meters have added to the Recorder and Streamer modules. Those modules also allow you to specify the audio device that provide audio to that module. Are you wanting to monitor a different audio device than the one you are using for recording or streaming?

BTW, I thought the old Audio Module was crap. It was not accurate in its levels. I had to peg mine at 100% to get proper audio in my recordings. Now that volume control is handed over to my audio mixer where I think it should have been all along.

I do miss the volume control in the old Player Module. I fixed that by adding a Behringer UCA 202 USB sound card to my system and direct all audio from the Players to my mixer. Much better.

andrewzarian
07-18-2013, 09:23 AM
The audio module removal is an issue for me because I am not using Vidblaster to record or stream so I have no VU meters in Vidblaster

sunkast
07-18-2013, 09:33 AM
After the issues I've experienced over the past couple weeks between both v2.0 and v3.0, I have absolutely no interest in using Vidblaster anymore. Too many issues including the developer himself. If you are paying $2,000 for a program, it ought to work correctly and not have missing/broken features.

TomSinclair
07-18-2013, 10:13 AM
@suncast - I understand your feeling about the developer. I'm afraid I can't help with that other than offer good tech support to my customers.

Regarding missing features, are you referring to the absence of the Playlist in version 3? That is to be replaced by a new module, the Playout Module. This will give you the ability to essentially time schedule a playlist. i think it will be a feature worth waiting for.

Are there other features that you are missing? I am available to help troubleshoot any problems or broken features. Andrew has my number. Please call anytime.

erictimmer
07-19-2013, 08:52 AM
@jamesdelfresco Don't think there is a need for that type of comment.

oscarmartz
07-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey Tom maybe you can help me out with this. I have been using the trial for about a week now and I have some issues.

1. freezes every other time i start the program and select the camera
2. at times it takes a while to save the video. sometimes its a few seconds and other times an hour. saving as mpeg

TomSinclair
07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Oscar,

What is the version of the Trial VidBlaster that you are using? Where did you download the Trail Edition from? What camera are you selecting? How is it connected to your PC?

Saving a recording does depend on what other activities may be going on with your PC at that time. Higher resolution recordings take longer to save than lower ones.