PDA

View Full Version : Worth making an app for podcast

jamesdelfresco
07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I was talkting to my buddy that is making an app for his podcast and wanted to know if its worth making an iOS or Android app. what is the average cost of making an app? Couldn't you just use services like stitcher or any podcast app?

markinrussia
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
I had an Apple app and and Android app made for my radio station and for me it was totally worthwhile doing this. At this point about half of my listeners are listening on my app. I also have Stitcher, TuneIn.com, etc., but remember, when your listener is listening to you there, they can also easily "change the station". An app plays only your stuff and a good one will give access to your back catalog plus your website and social networks are right there also just waiting to be accessed.
It's also a fact that now more people are accessing material via their smartphones, so why share the dial with thousands of other stations, when with an app it's you front and center.

Well, I guess that I couldn't really come up with any minuses. For my radio station I got both apps made for $150 total.

Dahalabit
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Im also looking a podcast app to be made. Mark would you be able to tell us where you got them done?

markinrussia
07-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Im also looking a podcast app to be made. Mark would you be able to tell us where you got them done?

Sure, I'd be happy to. Here is a link: http://www.viastreaming.com/mobile I just went to the site and it said that the iphone app is temporarily unavailable. I just had mine updated to my new stream about 3 weeks ago, so perhaps write to them and ask when it will be available. Also, they only do Shoutcast streams.