PDA

View Full Version : Taking your podcast live

jamesdelfresco
06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone now that the summer is here i will have more time to get my live show going. i wanted to know from the guys that do a show live what some of the pros and cons are. do you get more people watching live then downloading it? What do you do when something doesnt work right?

MyTakeRadio
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone now that the summer is here i will have more time to get my live show going. i wanted to know from the guys that do a show live what some of the pros and cons are. do you get more people watching live then downloading it? What do you do when something doesnt work right?

I do my show live and it's a gift and a curse in many ways but I enjoy it nonetheless. I like having the set time slot to go on air. It gives our audience something to look forward to every Thursday night plus it gets me motivated to broadcast especially if its a busy week in the areas I cover. Live numbers do fluctuate since I broadcast so late but it comes with the territory for me. As for things going wrong that too comes with the territory and our audience appreciates that as well. We even have a few laughs about that when something does go wrong during a live show. I edit any issues out for the podcast release so its not too bad.

andrewzarian
06-08-2013, 02:52 PM
there is nothing like doing it live.

Linuxcooldude
06-09-2013, 09:52 AM
For me it was always about broadcasting live. You get to interact with the audience realtime. Like what was mentioned having a regularly scheduled broadcast at the same day and time helps. Viewership does fluctuate and lately it is strange how its either a very large audience or just a few regulars. The last broadcast I topped 97 at once even though I'm not necessarily that popular or well known. But I do it regardless no matter who shows up. Wish it would happen every show...lol. I think because I broadcast the live version of Techwebcast from Australia after my show helps. It gives extra content for my regular viewers and they often get well known guests in the tech industry which is amazing.