PDA

View Full Version : Live on location broadcast test

Linuxcooldude
05-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I am going to do a live on location broadcast using the teradek Cube through a wireless 4G modem. Its to test the feasibility of doing remote broadcasts out of the studio.

So if anybody who might want to utilize a simular setup for their own show can tune in to see how it goes.

Saturday 01JUNE13 10:00AM-11:00AM Central time zone www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude

Here is the live streaming rig I'll be using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5sg4Aelwz4

I have the USB 4G modem unplugged at the moment.

cseeman
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM
No switcher?
I guess it depends if you're solo or have someone(s) you can work with.
I'd consider using Teradek Cube or Bond with Wirecast and the Teradek plugin.
That could give some flexibility but it does require at least one more person.

Camera to Bond to Sputnik instance (cloud or local Linux machine) to Wirecast to composite with other cameras, etc., back out to your channel.

Here's some basic info on Teradek Wirecast Stream Reader plugin. Note the plugin supports multiple input devices with lip sync control across those devices.
http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/teradek.htm

Linuxcooldude
05-25-2013, 12:22 PM
No, at least not for this test. I do have Wirecast that does support Teradek Cube, but don't have the Pro version which is needed. I'm already spent too much money already for the Pro version. Oh, thanks for the info about the plugin for Wirecast. I use Mac, so as usual it leaves me out for the time being.

Most of the time I'm by myself. I usually have to borrow someone to help me out.

cseeman
05-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Let's hope for a Mac version. I've Bootcamped my Macs for just such Windows things for the time being.
Streaming can certainly chew into one's credit card. Key is can something like this attract paying clients.

Linuxcooldude
05-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Agree on attracting paying clients. I'm currently trying to get into the wedding/event videography. I see huge potential in that market as people who can't make it to these events can see it streamed live through a website.