PDA

View Full Version : Skype Without the Ducking.. Amazing

andrewzarian
05-03-2013, 08:52 PM
On tonight's Free For All Spencer and I used the Skype full duplex trick that Mike Phillips discovered a few months ago. All I can say is WOW!! It makes it a totally different experience without the ducking.

Here is a link to the original Blog post.

http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org/blog/no-more-skype-ducking

TomSinclair
05-03-2013, 09:50 PM
After the crappy Skype audio in my show this week, I need to take a closer look at this. Skype hissed like a goose in heat.

mcphillips
05-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Don't doubt me.

TomSinclair
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I just doubt my ability to pull it off!

andrewzarian
05-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Skype Hiss can be effected by a few things. Crappy soundcard and the levels on each end of skype. You need to find the sweet spot on both ends.

TommySulivan
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
This is interesting. How many other people have tried this trick? Would like to hear from more people about the results

Donovan
05-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I recommend this method to Adam Curry of No Agenda because he and John have been having sound issues with Skype that really reminded me of ducking issues. He read over it and stated that it was "a very inventive hack!" and thought it was a good idea, but he was probably going back to using Mumble because it's full duplex and doesn't seem to have the ducking issue. I imagine he didn't want to get into trying to get two sound cards and two programs set up on John's side of things. :)