PDA

View Full Version : Bringing live on location broadcasts

Linuxcooldude
05-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Recently bought a Teradek Cube for streaming weddings & corporate videos. As well as offering live on location broadcasts to future shows. Still waiting for 4G modem to come in but initial testing looks great.

andrewzarian
05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Ohh man I would love hear about the results!

Linuxcooldude
05-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Going to talk about it during tomorrows show listed in the Events calendar. Just had it two days and only had a few hours to test. Will do a more comprehensive testing in the weeks to come & more once the Clear 4G modem arrives to see real world performance.

TommySulivan
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Have you done remote broadcasts in the past? What have your pervious setups been like?

Linuxcooldude
05-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I've never done remote broadcasts before. So I have no idea what to expect. After the initial testing will do an hour broadcast, maybe at the next Marina Market Days. I know some of the vendors, they might let me setup next to them. Then give everybody a heads up to see the Live broadcast. Some broadcasters might be interested if its feasible enough for their own shows.

techzentv
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I have used the Teradek VidiU before but never the cube. The VidiU worked ok but was not as feature packed as a LiveU. Update us how the Cube works. I have been looking at the cube and considering adding the Bond for multiple carriers.

Linuxcooldude
05-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Woo Hoo! Not only did it work, the quality was quite nice at 480p H.264 with audio through HDMI. Bitrate 400kbps. Modem was a Clear Atlas 4G USB 2.0. Will post a video on Youtube and link it here for you guys to see the quality. Delay from the camcorder to seeing it on Justin.tv was between 3-5 seconds. In fact you can hear when i say something, then it comes from my Justin.tv feed a few seconds later.

Broadcast was entirely wireless from my camcorder to Justin.tv

http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude/c/2280156

You might see me a bit excited...sorry...lol

andrewzarian
05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
wow that looks really good. Very impressive

Linuxcooldude
05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah, considering its not using that much bandwidth. I might try a hour test broadcast at the marina Market days next month at around 800kbps. My modem maxes out at 1M upload. But I usually broadcast using my wired cable modem at home at the same speed.