PDA

View Full Version : Starting a site.

jakebuffer
04-28-2013, 05:58 PM
When starting a site for internet broadcasting what are some of the apps that you need to make the site run better and give it unique options for hosting a podcast?

RadarGaming
04-29-2013, 04:33 AM
Hello Jake,

Powerpress is the best add-on for WordPress the most powerful CDN on the market for podcasting. It gives you the option to create many different RSS feeds and send them all over the place around the internet. Check it out. (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/powerpress/)

techzentv
04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Have you decided on which software you want to use to create your site? Are you planning on using something like wordpress or joomla to create the site or do it the old fashioned way and write it yourself?

Wordpress seems to be the popular one these days. I use Joomla and it works great for how I create sites. My only word of warning around Wordpress is they are frequent targets of hackers. Just be sure to keep it updated. Otherwise it is a great platform for non techie people.

erictimmer
05-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Joomla has also been hacked in the past, so any site can be hacked. You just have to keep a backup of your stuff and use some best practices to help prevent exploits. Oh also make sure to keep your software up to date.

techzentv
05-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Agreed, I have had a Joomla site hacked. They all have vulnerabilities, it just seems wordpress gets a lot more breakins. May just be that there are more of them.