PDA

View Full Version : Can you use an iPad with Skype for podcast recording

TommySulivan
04-28-2013, 04:58 PM
has anyone ever used Skype via IOS or Android for their podcast or live broadcast? I am asking this because I currently have two iPads and would love to use them in my setup.

Is there any quality difference between Windows, iOS, and Android. Are the Codecs the same?

andrewzarian
04-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Thats a very good question. I'm not too sure what Skype is doing for Mobile but I do imagine you will get better quality via Windows/Mac

RadarGaming
04-28-2013, 05:49 PM
The Mobile version quality is much less that what you would see on a PC/Mac version. Plus getting audio to the device would also be a pain.

techzentv
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
As radar gaming said, the quality is not as good, especially if you are using the front camera. You will need an audio interface like: http://www.amazon.com/Line-Mobile-audio-interface-iOS/dp/B005TJUP7K . There are other ones out there but this one works really good.

It is also MUCH better if you can get a Wifi connection and not use a 3g or 4g technology. I have only done this once for a gun club who wanted to broadcast from a gun show live on their video podcast. It was ok, but just ok, not great. The audio was pretty good, if you are an audio only podcast then it would probably work pretty well.