PDA

View Full Version : Software : To record Skype calls

jamesdelfresco
04-14-2013, 08:31 AM
I discovered this software when searching for a way to record my skype video calls. Here is a link to it http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

Has anyone here ever used it. Thinking for paying for it

MovieBuff
10-29-2014, 10:38 PM
I discovered this software when searching for a way to record my skype video calls. Here is a link to it http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

Has anyone here ever used it. Thinking for paying for it

Any free (as in open-source and not free as in trial aka bait and switch software) alternatives?

rwildman
10-30-2014, 05:18 AM
I have used this software. It does what it says on the tin. In the past I've used it for recording a number of non-live interviews and it has worked quite well. I have a partner who has problems using it, but I've not experienced any issues. It has been a while since I've had need of it though.

MovieBuff
10-30-2014, 08:48 AM
You can also do it for free using Soundflower and Quicktime media player.

(MAC: Yosemite walkthrough)

Make sure Skype is closed. When you install Soundflower, reboot your computer after.
Open Soundflower and select your mic input & built-in output (You will see the mic icon and audio icon on the right side of the selected items.)
When you open SoundFlower, click '+' and select 'aggregate device'
Make sure built-in Microphone(or the mic you want) is selected on the left side and Sunflower 2Ch.
Hit the '+' button again and create 'Multi Output Device' make sure built-in output is selected and Soundflower 2Ch.
Click the Soundflower logo on the top dock and select 'Built in Output' in the Soundflower 2Ch section.
Now open Skype. Click Skype>Preferences. Change Speakers to "Aggregate Device"
Now open Quicktime> File> New audio recording
Hit the drop down menu and select 'aggregate device'.
Press 'record' on Quicktime

If you encounter issues selecting 'Audio Setup' in Soundflower, close "audio midi setup" in your dock. When you select Audio Setup in Soundflower afterwards, the window will open.

I hope this helps. It was frustrating to get this to work, but it's free.