PDA

View Full Version : Best Wordpress Theme for Podcasters

jamesdelfresco
04-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Would someone be able to tell me what are some of the best wordpress themes for podcasting? I am looking to create a website for my show but do not know what theme would be good. It does not have to be free

sunkast
04-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Are you looking for a free theme or a premium theme? This is usually a very subjective area where one person might think something looks good, but another person might not. There are however some themes that are categorized as video themes. Basically you can just look for video blog themes if you want something that is set up a little more for podcasting.

andrewzarian
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
theme Forest is a great place to start looking for theme :)

oscarmartz
09-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I am also looking for one. Any one have a few links?

TommySulivan
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Keep it basic. Less is more

jamesdelfresco
09-27-2013, 09:32 PM
I have been searching and cant find anything that looks nice...

yourhometownradio
09-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Again - if you're looking for a free one - those are limited. Paid templates can run from $29 and up depending on what you're looking for. There are some places I've found where people will build custom templates as well - for a price. Start with Theme Forest as andrewzarian mentioned above.

docizzen
10-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Themeforest.net is your best bet for Wordpress Themes and as a web developer/designer, for the purpose of saving time, I must say I have gotten to the point of just purchasing WP Themes there and then customizing them for each client. That said, I think you should focus on finding a theme that has design and function that you like first, then look for and add Wordpress plug-ins that will give you the specific podcast functions you need. It's like e-Commerce sites that are just plain WP themes, but the store function is added via WooCommerce and it's plug-ins, or Jigoshop as an e-Commerce plug-in, etc.

My school of thought for folks is to use unbiased sources for training and then, with a better understanding of the core functions of WP, research the right WP themes and plug-ins. This helps when deciding which WP themes and plug-in(s) to choose. To start, and for a very resonable price, go to Lynda.com and take their WP Course. Then go to Themeforest.net to choose a WP Theme and go to CodeCanyon.net to find WP Plug-ins (also search wordpress.org for plug-ins). There are also great courses on podcasting on Lynda.com, along with ALL thing audio, video, software, pocasting... you name it.

This is an unpaid endorsement for Lynda.com, as this tutorial site has saved me so much in lost time and effort. Plus, as Lynda.com is unbiased training, I am not concerned about paying for biased or limited advice through affiliate links.

Ignorance will always be your biggest competitor or obstacle, so information and knowledge, especially unbiased, will help you make better decisions and save you time and money.

Rich Grimshaw
12-15-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm no expert, and I struggled with this same question last year while setting up my first WP site. I settled on a free theme called Atahualpa, named after the last emperor of the Inca empire. There is a vast and active support forum where I was able to resolve all of my problems. That being said, please note that I haven't yet used my web site for podcasts. That will happen by the new year, and it should be just a matter of installing a plugin or two. I'll let you know how it goes. And I plan to take docizzen's advice and take a course or two at Lynda.com.

If you find a site that you like, and you suspect that it's a WP site, go to http://whatWPthemeisthat.com to find out the theme and plugins being used.

TommySulivan
12-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Rich thats a great site. thank you for that link.

MediaFiasco
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I bought Thesis, and then did some customization. I learned on the fly and did it myself, just because I had never done it before and thought it would be interesting to learn.

Of course, I didn't learn my lesson and started a forum for my show with phpBB, and did a fair bit of customization to that as well...

Next time, it may be easier to just go with something ready to go... ;)