PDA

View Full Version : How do you measure your live veiwers?

Dahalabit
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I am considering broadcasting live ones a month and wanted to know how I can measure my viewership. anyway these companies will give out numbers?

techzentv
04-05-2013, 09:53 AM
which company in particular? Ustream and Justin.TV have an API that will give you viewer counts. I think most of them have something similar.

andrewzarian
04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Ustream gives you real time metrics. Have yet to find a service that offers a better measuring tool. I dont know much about Justin.tv's API. Techzentv have you used it yet?

techzentv
04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
I have not had a chance to actually use the API for Justin.tv. I am going to build another on-air light that works based on the stream status with the intention of it looking at Justin.tv. So I will be looking at the API in the next few weeks.

andrewzarian
04-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Very interested to see what you create.

techzentv
04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I have an RRDGraph working for Ustream and Justin.tv now. What other CDNs should I do? I have plans for bitgravity and Livestream yet.

Podnutter
04-22-2013, 06:43 AM
an issue with live viewers is that companies cant really say for sure where and where those viewers are coming from. If companies like Ustream and Justin.tv started using a third party like podtrac it might make it better for ad companies to use the data

andrewzarian
04-22-2013, 07:21 AM
@podnutter - I think it would be great if these streaming companies started to use the same third party service for stats, but it would highly be unlikely.

TommySulivan
04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
is ustream the best live streaming service that offers statistics ?

techzentv
04-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Justin.TV provides pretty good stats that are easily pulled via XML or JSON. But neither Ustream or Justin.TV provides much more information than current viewers and total views. I think I can get stats from Livestream and maybe Vaughn too. I do not have an account on Bitgravity but have contacted them about an API but have not heard back yet.

cseeman
05-06-2013, 10:30 AM
It might be significant to mention which stats are important.
I look for Peak Views, Total Unique Views, Average viewing minutes.
I also look at how my live shows are being discovered. That can be referred links as well as embeds as well as what was discovered on Facebook or Twitter.