PDA

View Full Version : Combined or Separate

James Hester
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to get some opinions from those of you that produce more than one podcast. Do you think each podcast should have its own domain name and webpage? If there’s video, should each have a separate YouTube channel? If not, do you think promoting a network of shows on a single webpage or YouTube channel is more important?

BradShoemaker
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
I've wrestled with that a lot... I have always had separate websites for each of the show with a combined network website (all of which is still in progress) but I don't know any right or wrong answer... As for the channels, I wrestle with that the most. I have had separate and the same channels on YouTube, Ustream, etc. I think I should've kept it to 1 on UStream.

techzentv
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
This is a great question. I struggled with this exact question. What I ended up doing is creating one website for all the shows and then forwarding the individual show urls to the show page at that website. It allows me to put the latest episodes from all of the shows on the main web site and do some cross show things that would not be possible otherwise.

For youtube, I created separate channels. My thought there was, my shows are different enough that someone interested in one show would probably not be interested in all of the other shows. If they subscribe to the youtube feed they do not get notifications for things they are not interested in. That was my thought process anyways.

andrewzarian
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Hey James,

There are a lot of pros when having everything centralized. More traffic to the site means better google ranking, higher alexa ranking....

With that said I would have an individual RSS for each show