PDA

View Full Version : Omnia FX/E processing for Podcast

jamesdelfresco
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Does anyone out there use the Omnia FX/e for audio processing on their Podcast. I heard Kirk Harnack talk about it on last weeks This week in Radio Tech. I would love to know if this is something that Podcasters can use

andrewzarian
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
I just sent this over to Kirk.

kharnack
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Hey, James. Thanks for the question. Actually, I don't know who, exactly, is using Omnia F/XE. We developed it for a large French webcaster. I understand that 1 or 2 large US-based radio groups are using it.

The whole idea is that Omnia F/XE will perform audio processing on a file in faster-than-real-time - as opposed to Omnia A/XE or hardware processors that work on audio in real-time.

With Omnia F/XE you can drag a file to it's GUI for processing, or you can assign watch-folders that the program will monitor for new files. When a new file is detected, Omnia F/XR will process it, encode it if your like, and deposit it where you specify.

Here's the product info page for Omnia F/XE...
http://omniaaudio.com/fxe

The only feedback I've heard was from David PERREAU of GOOM.com and formerly of NRJ in Paris. He has a fantastic critical ear. It was at his prompting that we developed Omnia F/XE, and he told me that he absolutely loves the results.

Best,
Kirk

jamesdelfresco
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Thank you Kirk for the reply. I am going to do some more homework on this topic.

jamesdelfresco
03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Could you tell me how much it costs for the FX/E?

kharnack
03-14-2013, 04:36 AM
Could you tell me how much it costs for the FX/E?

James, Omnia F/XE has a US list price of $449 for a single license. AFAIK, the license actually allows you to install on 2 separate PCs. Any Omnia dealer can quote you, often a discounted price.

Kirk

andrewzarian
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
This really is a product Internet Broadcasters should consider. Omnia processing is considered one of the best. I would love to hear more about this in the coming weeks Kirk.