PDA

View Full Version : ok... Ready.. Set.. Go..

techzentv
03-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Hello Everyone...

I am a new member of IAIB and still very much a NEWBIE when it comes to the Internet Broadcasting stuff. I have a long background in both Audio and Video production, just not distribution.

In Late December I started recording my first show and now have 6 of them recording weekly.

I am at the point where I think I have worked out most of kinks of the system. I am sure I will be tweaking things forever.

I have the shows on iTunes, Stitcher and a few other places and being tracked via podtrac. I am doing some social media posting with new episodes but otherwise have not done much in the way of promotion. I am ready to start getting some more traction now and not sure how to get the word out and start building the community around the shows.

I do have a Roku channel that was literally just approved yesterday. The iOS and Android apps should be ready to go to the store by the end of the month as well.

So what is the best way to promote the shows and start growing the audience? It seems with things like stitcher unless you are not in the top 100 you will never get seen.

I would love to hear any tips you have.

Love the community here. Have a great day!

Mike Myers

andrewzarian
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey Mike,

Welcome to the IAIB. I would recommend meeting and speaking with other Internet Broadcasters. The community can be a great foundation for you and your broadcast.

I look forward to listening to your show

Podnutter
03-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Engaging in the google communities seems like a great place to start.

jamesdelfresco
03-13-2013, 03:16 PM
who developed your Roku App?

andrewzarian
03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing :)

techzentv
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
who developed your Roku App?

I did the development for Roku and am doing the iOS and Android apps too.

ericchilton
03-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Mike,
Welcome. I'll be glad to help you in the production/performance side of things. I have 25 years in television (on camera) and love the internet broadcasting community. Feel free to reach out. Here's my show if you want to take a look. Interviews with retro celebs from the 50s through the 80s.

www.waitiknowthis.com

Best,

Eric Chilton
eric@waitiknowthis.com

Dahalabit
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Are there other directories that actually help you out? It seems like Itunes is the best and only one where theres any traffic

techzentv
03-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you everyone. I like Dahalabit am wondering where else I should submit to. I have submitted to the most obvious ones: blackberry, microsoft (zune), iTunes and even stitcher for the ones that would make sense as audio only.

Mike

andrewzarian
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
For the most part my downloads are coming from Itunes but over the past year I have seen it change. More and more people are downloading my shows via Stitcher, Pocket Cast and even Windows Phone.